How To Get The Most Out Of Your Yocan Evolve Plus
Vaporizing wax concentrate on the go is made simple with the Yocan Evolve Plus. While this electronic wax pen is easy to use straight out of the box, a few tips from experienced consumers can help make the first few sessions even more intuitive. If you own a Yocan Evolve Plus or are thinking about getting one, this guide can help make sure your next session with the device goes off without a hitch.
How does the Yocan Evolve Plus work?
At the heart of the Yocan Evolve Plus is a chamber with a dual quartz atomizer. This type of heating element is known for preserving flavor while producing large amounts of vapor. A chamber cap and a mouthpiece sit atop the atomizer, while the battery and a built-in jar to hold extra concentrate are underneath the atomizer. The battery heats the element when it’s time for your session, and the generated vapor travels upward through the mouthpiece for inhalation. Notably, the Yocan Evolve Plus has only one temperature setting.
Yocan Evolve Plus features and benefits
The Yocan Evolve Plus takes the many components necessary to traditionally “dab” and condenses them into an intuitive and portable unit. These are some of the features and benefits that those of us at Ethos like most about the Yocan Evolve Plus.
- Built-in concentrate jar: Despite its small size, the Yocan Evolve Plus includes a built-in concentrate jar, so you can bring your cannabis with you without carrying a separate container.
- Long-lasting battery: The Yocan Evolve Plus includes a long-lasting, 1100mAh battery that charges from dead to full using a micro USB charger in 2.5 hours. You’ll know the battery is charging because the LED indicator light on the device will glow a steady red. The battery can discharge electricity for 15 seconds at a time, providing a continuous stream of heat to vaporize concentrate.
- Compact design: The Yocan Evolve Plus is compact and sleek, measuring just under 5 inches tall and less than an inch wide. It can be easily stowed in a pocket or purse when not in use, making it discreet and easy to transport.
- Changeable heating elements: While the Yocan Evolve Plus comes with a dual quartz atomizer, you can also switch it out for a ceramic donut heating element, which is known for retaining heat for longer, or the quartz tri coil manufactured for the Yocan Regan but is compatible with the Yocan Evolve Plus.
- Cost-effective: Compared with other leading vaporizers, the Yocan Evolve Plus is competitively priced. The Yocan Evolve Plus is available at Ethos locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Massachusetts starting at $36 for the device.
What does the Yocan Evolve Plus come with?
Your Yocan Evolve Plus comes with all the accessories needed to dab. You’ll find the following inside the box:
- The Yocan device
- A spare dual quartz atomizer
- Wax tool
- USB charger
How to use the Yocan Evolve Plus
These easy steps are all it takes to get started with the Yocan Evolve Plus:
- Turn the device on: Turn the device on before use by quick pressing the button five times. The power button is located on the battery. If your Yocan needs to be charged, connect it to a power source. The indicator light on the device will turn off once fully charged.
- Sterilize the coils: If this is your first time using the Yocan Evolve Plus, the company recommends that you sterilize the coils first by heating them two to three times before use. You may also want to sterilize the coils in the heating element before any session.
- Load the device: Unscrew the mouthpiece and chamber cap, exposing the two coils of the dual quartz atomizer. Use the wax tool to scoop up your wax and place it into the heating chamber. Less is more: Be sure to not overload the chamber.
- Replace the chamber cap and mouthpiece: Once you’ve placed your wax inside, replace the chamber cap and mouthpiece. Screw on both components until snug, but not too tight. Your cannabis wax is now ready to consume.
- Press, hold, inhale: To vaporize your cannabis wax, press and hold the power button. The battery will supply up to 15 seconds of consistent heat before powering down. While pressing the button, inhale through the mouthpiece to consume your vaporized cannabis wax.
- Turn the device off: The device will power down automatically after 15 seconds of continuous heat. Power down the wax pen by quick-pressing the button five times.
How to clean the Yocan Evolve Plus
Regularly cleaning your Yocan Evolve Plus ensures proper function with every session. Follow these steps to prevent residue buildup:
- Turn on the Yocan Evolve Vaporizer and turn it upside-down.
- Press and hold the button for five seconds to burn off any excess material. Repeat this process twice or three times.
- Turn off the wax pen and give it time to cool down.
- Once cool, unscrew all components, including the mouthpiece, chamber cap, dual quartz atomizer, and the base.
- Using a dry paper towel, wipe off any remaining residue that did not burn off.
Ethos tips for using the Yocan Evolve Plus
Here’s what our resident experts had to say about getting the most out of your Yocan Evolve Plus.
- Use less viscous concentrates: Ethos associates have found that the Yocan Evolve Plus is best for use with concentrates like shatter, sugar, and resin. Other concentrates, like budder or badder, may be too goopy to easily place onto the dual quartz atomizer.
- Use a pea-sized amount of material: Using a very small amount of wax ensures that air can flow through the chamber, which will help evenly heat and vaporize your concentrate.
- Maintain your device: It’s important to keep coils clean of residue and replace them periodically. Ethos associates recommend changing coils often, generally after each half gram of wax used. You should also check to make sure the vapor path in the mouthpiece is clear of residue, using a cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol to clear it when needed.
Dab on the go? You can with Yocan
Straightforward, discreet, and affordable, the Yocan Evolve Plus is a great device for wax lovers who don’t want to feel stuck with a traditional dab rig setup. If you’re first starting out with concentrates, the Yocan is a great entry level option. For more information on how to use the Yocan Evolve Plus, you can download the official manual or ask an Ethos associate for tips.
We want to hear from you. Whatever you think. At Ethos, you’re at home and your voice is heard.