This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for ethoscannabis.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We may ask you for certain personal information in order for you to access the Services, or as part of your use of the Services. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, date of birth, age, gender, state of residence, e-mail address, telephone number, financial data (which may include your credit card or debit card number), and other information which identifies you. If you visit one of our retail locations or request product delivery, we may also collect personal information from your government identification card when you provide it to us, including your name, address, picture, driver license or other government identification card number, and any other information on your government identification card, as well as video, audio, and images that we capture from our security cameras inside and around our retail locations. If you choose to register on our website or via a mobile application, or otherwise create a Member account, you may be required to provide certain personal information. If you do not provide the requested personal information, you may not be able to access or use the features of the Services where such personal information is requested.
Information Use and Sharing
We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including to identify you; verify your age; process payments for you; identify your location; facilitate transactions and/or communications, including marketing communications and Services-related communications with you; register you for Ethos or its affiliates services, such as a website, mobile application, delivery, or rewards account; maintain current information about your Services usage and accounts; track your accumulation of redeemable rewards based on your product purchase history and Services usage; protect our users, ourselves, our Services, and our affiliates from fraud, theft, hacking, phishing and other unlawful activities; analyze website traffic; diagnose technical problems in our Services; comply with laws and Ethos’ policies; conduct website and activity tracking, including Services optimization and personalization; and, generate and study analytics related to your usage of our Services.
Identify Verification, Service Improvement, and Cannabis Limit Enforcement
Many jurisdictions require careful verification of identity before allowing you to purchase cannabis products. When you use our Services at a physical location, your government-issued identification card will be physically examined and electronically scanned in order to verify your age and your identification’s validity. Once your data has been scanned, your name, address, identification number, photo, and other data may be retained by Ethos, or its affiliates, for the purpose of analyzing your use of our Services, enforcing cannabis purchasing limits as required by some jurisdictions, creating an electronic profile about you in order to make future verifications of your identity easier, and to help us customize Services and experiences for you.
Photographic and audiovisual recordings of you inside and around Ethos or affiliated retail stores and delivery vehicles will be used for the purpose of maintaining physical security, identifying you, and complying with laws that require video surveillance.
Audiovisual footage captured in stores, and any photo of yourself that you supply, may also be used to help identify you, and customize your experience as you use our Services.
You acknowledge that audiovisual and photographic recordings of you may be stored by Ethos or its affiliates and accessed by and supplied to their employees, government agencies, and others at their sole discretion at any time, for any purpose, with or without a legal order or subpoena, and without notice or financial compensation to you.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, it may turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
No Use of the Services by Persons Under 21 Permitted
Ethos and its affiliates intends only persons who are 21 years or older to use the Services. Any use of the Services by persons under the age of 21 is strictly prohibited.
Our Services, including our website, are intended for a mature audience. We do not direct any of our content at children. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a website user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account. Do not supply to us or disclose on the Services any personal information of any person under 13 years of age, as we do not intend to collect information from anyone under 13 or invite them to participate in the Services.
Third Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to sites of third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for these sites. These sites may have their own privacy policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Ethos’ Services have reasonable security measures in place designed to prevent accidental loss of your personal information and from unauthorized access, use alteration, or disclosure of the information that we obtain from you. Such measures include, but are not limited to, access controls, monitoring, and the utilization of encryption to securely transmit sensitive information. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online or at any store, there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information.
Ethos strives to protect your personal information and privacy, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose. By using the Services, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the Services and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you to us is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
If any part of this Policy is found by a court to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the rest of the Policy will remain in effect.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Disclosures
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) requires us to provide additional privacy-related information to residents of California.
The section entitled “Information Collection” above lists the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the preceding 12 months. These categories of personal information correspond with the following categories of personal information provided under the CCPA:
- Identifiers including name, address, date of birth, age, gender, state of residence, e-mail address, telephone number, driver license or other government identification card information, Member account information, and IP address;
- Commercial information including financial data (which may include your credit card or debit card number), and other information required to purchase our products and Services;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including click stream or telemetry data or location data about your devices, browsers, and online behavior;
- Other personal information, including content you submit; audiovisual footage and images that we capture from our security cameras inside and around our retail locations; information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; and, other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, and inferences drawn from any of the information identified above reflecting your preferences and characteristics. Consistent with the section entitled “Information Use and Sharing” above, personal information is provided directly by you (or by the devices you use) when you use our Services. It also lists the business and commercial purposes for which we collect California residents’ personal information. As described above in the section entitled “Information Use and Sharing,” we also share and/or disclose your personal information as follows:
- Sharing your personal information for business purposes. We may share the following categories of your personal information with subsidiaries, affiliated companies, subcontractors, service providers, third parties, public or government (including enforcement) authorities, creditors, and successors for our business purposes: government-issued identification card content; cannabis purchase histories; website preferences; debit or credit card details; and, contact information such as name, phone number, and email address. As described above, examples of business purposes include sending marketing messages to you, executing payment transactions, delivering products to you, registering your accounts, analyzing your purchasing histories, and maintaining and enhancing our Services.
- Sharing your personal information for commercial or other purposes. We may share the following categories of your personal information with third parties, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies in a manner that constitutes a “sale” under California law: government-issued identification card content; cannabis purchase histories; website preferences; debit or credit card details; and, contact information such as name, phone number, and email address. This information may be shared for the purposes of sending marketing messages, executing payment transactions, registering accounts, analyzing purchasing histories, executing product deliveries to you, and maintaining and enhancing our Services. Note that for the purposes of this paragraph, “sale” refers to any exchange of value, however, while an affiliate may gain value (in the form of knowledge) from analyzing the purchasing habits of customers (therefore constituting a “sale” under California law), Ethos does not sell your personal information to others for money.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Subject to certain exceptions and qualifications, as a California resident you have the right to: (i) request access to your personal information; (ii) request deletion of your personal information; (iii) request information about the personal information about you that we have “sold” (as such term is defined under California law) to third parties within the past 12 months; and (iv) opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information, as detailed above.
Exercising other California consumer rights. Should you wish to request the exercise of your other rights as detailed above with regard to your personal information, and to the extent allowed by applicable law, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Is this address accurate?) Note that we may need to take certain steps before executing any rights, including verifying your identity. Please indicate in your request that you are a California resident making a “California privacy rights” inquiry.
We want to hear from you. Whatever you think. At Ethos, you’re at home and your voice is heard.