How to Get The Most Out Of Your Puffco Plus
The Puffco Plus wax vape pen simplifies the concentrate consumption experience, ditching the rig and the blowtorch for an elegantly designed device made for on-the-go dabbing. Whether you own a Puffco Plus or you’re wondering what all the buzz is about, here’s what you need to know to get the most out of your device.
How does the Puffco Plus work?
The Puffco Plus is a “pocket nail” intended for dabbing with concentrates like wax or budder. It consists of a mouthpiece with a “dart” on the other side, which acts as a built-in dab tool. All functions are controlled with a single multi-function button on the device’s body. These components screw into a chamber where you place the concentrate of your choice. The concentrate heats instantly when it makes contact with the hot chamber.
Puffco Plus features and benefits
The Puffco Plus is a modern take on dabbing that offers innovative features in a compact, easy to use design.
- Sesh mode: This special mode heats the chamber for 12 seconds continuously without having to hold down the button. This is a great option if you want longer draws during your session.
- Mobile and discreet: The Puffco Plus is travel-friendly, especially when compared to conventional dab rigs. The ultra-sleek design camouflages well, lending itself to discreet sessions on the go.
- No extra supplies needed. The dart contained on the other side of the mouthpiece means that you won’t need to carry around a dab tool to remove the concentrate from its container.
- Easy to maintain and clean: Although the Puffco Plus must be cleaned frequently, this device doesn’t have lots of little components to disassemble and reassemble.
How to use your Puffco Plus
The Puffco Plus is quick to load and even quicker to heat. Here’s how you can use your Puffco Plus in a few easy steps.
- Make sure the device is charged. If the battery is fully depleted, it takes around 45 minutes to fully charge. The device comes with a micro USB charging cable.
- Unscrew the mouthpiece from the top of the Puffco Plus and press on the top to reveal the dart. Use the dart to scoop out your desired amount of concentrate and place it into the ceramic chamber. Reattach the mouthpiece. Do not turn on your Puffco Plus before loading it with concentrate.
- Click the button on the battery five times to turn on the device.
- Select your temperature setting. The Puffco Plus offers low, medium, and high temperature settings. These settings are reportedly 580℉, 650℉, and 720℉, respectively. Clicking the button four times cycles through three preset temperatures.
- Inhale. Hold the button down before inhaling. Keeping the pen vertical, inhale through the mouthpiece to vaporize the concentrate. The Puffco Plus will shut off automatically if you don’t inhale within 8 seconds. If you want to try Sesh Mode, click the button two times to enter and exit this setting.
- Power down the device when done by pressing the button 5 times.
- Clean your device. Once your session is complete, clean your device to keep it free from any residue that could lead to clogging or otherwise compromise device performance.
How to clean the Puffco Plus
To keep your Puffco Plus in good working shape, follow these steps to keep the device free of sticky buildup:
- Take apart your Puffco Plus after it’s cooled. However, if the residue inside is particularly stubborn, the Puffco Plus instructions recommend heating the chamber until warm before cleaning. Just be careful not to open the Puffco Plus while it’s still hot, as this can be dangerous.
- Dip a cotton swab into isopropyl alcohol and gently clean out the chamber.
- Don’t forget to clean the gold battery contacts located on the battery and the chamber, as this ensures proper connection and function. You can run a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol over these contacts to ensure no residue is on them.
- Allow all components to fully dry before reassembling your Puffco Plus.
Ethos’s best tips for using the Puffco Plus
- A dab will do: Less is more with the Puffco Plus, so don’t use more than a half grain of rice-sized amount of concentrate. Over-filling the chamber by saturating the dart in concentrate is likely to clog your device and disrupt airflow, causing uneven vaporization or even preventing the device from functioning altogether. Samantha Carlos, Patient Care Associate at Ethos- Allentown, notes that you should be able to see the air holes on the side of the chamber when loading it.
- Try a variety of concentrates. The chamber is excellent for use with the concentrate of your choice, including the stickier or more viscous ones. Coil devices don’t have that kind of versatility, as stickier concentrates are more difficult to load and clean in these devices. Stick with a tried and true favorite, or try something new.
- Keep the pen vertical when inhaling: The Puffco Plus is designed to work vertically, so keep the pen upright as you inhale through the mouthpiece.
- Take slow, long draws: Samantha recommends taking slow inhales, “like sipping hot tea.” Long, slow, even pulls help fully and evenly vaporize the concentrate in the chamber.
- Clean your device after every use: Livvie Forbes, Patient Care Associate at Ethos-Allentown, recommends cleaning the device after every session. This prevents sticky residue from building up.
- Don’t “dry fire” your Puffco Plus: Never use your Puffco Plus without loading concentrate into the chamber first.
- Don’t run the Puffco Plus more than four times in a row. This is to reduce the possibility that the ceramic chamber may crack.
Get the most out of your Puffco Plus with Ethos
Innovative and intuitive, the Puffco Plus is revolutionizing dabbing for concentrate enthusiasts. If you want to learn more about how to use the Puffco Plus, ask an Ethos associate for guidance on your next visit to one of our locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Massachusetts. For further reading and watching, check out the following sources:
We want to hear from you. Whatever you think. At Ethos, you’re at home and your voice is heard.