How To Get The Most Out Of Your Puffco Peak
One of the most innovative electronic dabbing devices on the market, the Puffco Peak’s unique design and function have attracted fans — and accolades — from all over. Released in 2018 as the first “smart rig,” the device is a far departure from a typical dab rig, simplifying consuming concentrates to just a single device, no accessories needed. With this overview fresh in mind and helpful tips from our dispensary associates, you’ll be well on your way to your next enjoyable session with the Puffco Peak.
How does the Puffco Peak work?
The Puffco Peak is made for consuming concentrates of all textures. Lightweight and surprisingly portable, the Puffco Peak eliminates the need for a torch or enail for dabbing, instead relying on electronic mechanisms to heat your concentrate to one of four temperature settings. Simply place your concentrate, select your temperature, and you’re ready to go in seconds.
Puffco Peak features and benefits
Among the most intriguing features and benefits of the Puffco Peak are:
- Intelligent temperature calibration: The Puffco Peak adjusts its temperature automatically if it detects that the ceramic bowl is still hot. This is designed to preserve your concentrate and lengthen your session.
- Multiple temperature settings: Easily toggle through four options depending on your product choice or personal preference.
- Sesh mode: This special setting amps up the temperature and increases session length by 15 additional seconds. This is a great option for those who prefer a lot of vapor production in their sessions.
- Water filtration: Unique among portable electronic vaporizers and even among other dabbing devices, the Puffco Peak’s glass attachment can be filled with water for smoother inhalation.
- Travels light: At just 7 inches tall and with no other accessories needed to use it, the Puffco Peak is a great option for powerful vapor on the go.
What does the Puffco Peak come with?
Your Puffco Peak comes with all supplies needed to consume concentrates. These items include:
- Puffco Peak parts:
- Glass vapor pathway attachment (bubbler)
- Ceramic bowl
- Carb cap
- Tether to attach carb cap
- Charging base
- USB charging cable
- Cleaning swabs
- Loading tool
How to use your Puffco Peak
The Puffco Peak takes a few additional steps to set up before it’s ready. To get started, follow the below steps:
Setting up your Puffco Peak
- Assemble your Puffco Peak and make sure it’s charged. If not, plug in your device until the LED indicator light on the base turns off; it will pulse white while charging. To check the status of your battery, click the button three times and check the corresponding light color for battery life: green for charged, yellow for medium battery, and red for low battery.
- Add a little bit of water to the glass attachment, until just below the air holes on the side. Do not overfill the Puffco Peak.
- Once the water is poured in, place the glass attachment on the base by aligning the inlet hole on the glass with the atomizer on the front of the base. Slide the glass forward and upward until it’s secure. Do not force the glass; carefully slide it into place.
Starting your session
- Long-press the button on the base for three seconds to unlock your device.
- Choose your temperature. There are four settings: Low (450°), Medium (500°), High (550°), and Peak (600°). The four temperatures are indicated on the device by a blue, green, red, and white light, respectively. Quick press the power button to cycle through your choices.
- Using the loading tool, place your desired amount of concentrate on the bottom of the bowl.
- Place the carb cap on top of the atomizer and double-click the button to initiate heating. The indicator light will pulse during the heating process, which takes approximately 20 to 25 seconds. When ready, the Puffco Peak will vibrate and the light will flash three times.
- Keep the Puffco Peak upright while inhaling gently.
Caring for your Puffco Peak
Cleaning your Puffco Peak is the best way to ensure longevity, performance, and a flavorful cannabis experience. It’s recommended to clean the device after 20 sessions, but you may opt to clean it more often. To clean your Puffco Peak, follow the below steps:
- Once cool to the touch, unscrew all Puffco Peak components and separate them.
- Clean the carb cap and the glass attachment by soaking them in isopropyl alcohol. Do not get the base wet; spot clean with a dry cloth only.
- The atomizer can be cleaned as an assembled unit or completely disassembled. (If you follow the instructions in step 1, your atomizer will be disassembled.) Using a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol, wipe out the atomizer, paying special attention to the gold connectors.
- Once fully dry, you can reassemble the Puffco Peak and resume sessions.
Ethos tips for using your Puffco Peak
- Use with any concentrate. The Puffco Peak’s ceramic bowl makes it ideal for use with any texture, unlike other devices that may become clogged with liquid concentrates.
- Less is more. Start with a half pea size amount of concentrate and evaluate how you feel before trying more.
- Watch the temperature: Overuse of the hottest temperature setting can shorten the Puffo Peak’s battery life.
- Clean regularly: Our associates recommend cleaning more frequently to ensure the best performance.
- Spill out the water. When not using your Puffco Peak, be sure to empty the water. Always use fresh water for each session.
- Switch temperatures to get the most out of each session. Our associates recommend moving from the medium to the high setting during your session, as lower temperatures preserve flavor while higher temperatures boost vapor production. This way, you get the most out of your concentrate.
Get the most out of your Puffco Peak
For more information and helpful advice for the Puffco Peak, check out the official manual or speak with a helpful Ethos associate who can answer your questions. You can also watch some of the helpful videos below:
We want to hear from you. Whatever you think. At Ethos, you’re at home and your voice is heard.